We thought it would be a good time to update you on what’s happened since the launch of our final report in September 2011.
Over the last few months we have received invitations to present the research at various external conferences and seminars including events organised by Community Matters, Joseph Rowntree Foundation, London Civic Forum, NIACE, NUS, UnLtd,Voluntary Action Leeds and the Home Office. We were also asked to present our findings at the BIG headquarters at an internal lunchtime seminar.
Our publications have informed a number of recently published reports, for instance:
- Unlocking local capacity: why active citizens need active council, by OPM
- Neighbourhood Challenge: Learning from innovative communities, by Nesta
- Taking part in London’s Big Society, by London Civic Forum
- Beyond the Big Society, by RSA
- Communities in care: a scoping review to establish the relationship of community to the lives of looked after children and young people, by the School of Health and Social Care (University of Lincoln) for the Connected Communities programme
- The promotion of active citizenship in Europe, by the Committee on Political Affairs and Democracy of the Council of Europe.